The Board of Trustees is responsible for seven key work areas in the school, which are:
Development and ongoing review of the school charter.
Monitoring and reviewing your school’s progress.
Putting in place a policy framework.
Employing the principal.
Ensuring your school’s legal compliance.
Implementing the National Education Guidelines.
BOT COMMITMENT TO HĀWEA FLAT SCHOOL
To ensure our strategic goals and outcomes are achieved, the board of trustees is committed to providing:
• Student achievement: Overall continuous improvement in student engagement, progress, achievement and wellbeing.
• Strategic planning and review: Setting strategic direction for the school through the strategic plan, policies and self-review processes.
• Personnel: A positive, supportive environment for staff, incorporating quality recruitment, performance management and continuous development.
• Property and assets: A well maintained and well-equipped innovative learning environment.
• Finance: Budget that focuses on student achievement, curriculum, personnel, property and administrative priorities.
• Health and safety: A safe and healthy physical and emotional environment for all.
• Community partnership: Opportunity for communication, consultation and engagement with the wider community.
The Board of Trustees, as the school’s governing authority, is responsible for ensuring the school complies with all relevant laws and regulations. The Board of Trustees (BOT) decides matters of school policy and supports the principal and management team in its day-to-day management of the school.
The full Board meets twice a term in the school meeting room. Dates are advertised in the school newsletter. All parents are welcome to attend.
BOARD MEMBERS 2023
Board meeting dates 2023
Thursday 29th June
Thursday 10th August
Thursday 21st September
Thursday 19th October
Thursday 16th November
Thursday 14th December
BOT Minutes 16th February 2023
BOT Minutes 13th December 2022
BOT Minutes 17th November 2022
BOT Minutes 8th September 2022
BOT Minutes 22nd September 2021
To view our other Policies and Procedures please visit Schooldocs.
Password : 9382